Orthodontics for Teens
It might seem like all of your friends and classmates have braces or Invisalign® Teen. This is because the teenage years are often an excellent time to kick-off orthodontic treatment. If you’ve been dreading hearing the words, “You need braces,” well, we have some good news for you. Today’s braces are way smaller, more comfortable and less noticeable than they were in the past. Plus, at Cronin & Czarnik Orthodontics, we’re a tech-savvy practice and we use the latest advances to help you get a beautiful smile in less time. To learn more about orthodontics for teenagers in the Denver Metro area, read on or schedule a complimentary consultation with us today!
Why Get Braces as a Teenager?
By around age 13, all of the permanent teeth are usually in – with the exception of the wisdom teeth. This means Dr. Cronin and Dr. Czarnik can get a clear picture of any orthodontic issues you may have. If orthodontic treatment is needed, since you’re still growing, we can take advantage of your growth sports to more easily shift your teeth and jaw into place.
How Long Will I Have to Wear Braces?
How long braces take to work depends on four key factors:
- Early treatment – Early treatment allows orthodontists to monitor the growth of the jaw and recommend further orthodontic treatment if it becomes necessary. Not everybody receives early orthodontic treatment; in some cases, it may be recommended that a patient wait to receive treatment. If early treatment was recommended for you and you did complete it, however, this will mean a shorter braces treatment time in the teen years.
- What needs correction — The biggest determining factor is exactly what needs to be corrected and how severe your case is. A minor issue like mild spacing will be quicker to fix than a more significant problem, such as a severe overbite or an underbite. How long the process takes really depends on how much work is needed to give you the show-stopping smile you expect.
- Your biology — Hey, those biology classes are already coming in handy! Well, different patients react to treatments differently. While it may take one patient only 12 months to complete treatment, it may take another patient 24 months. Because treatment harnesses your natural biological processes, the length of treatment can vary depending on how quickly your body responds.
- YOU! — Your willingness to use the appliances your orthodontist gives you plays a major role in the length of time it takes to complete your treatment. Always remember to take care of your braces and appliances; this truly will help make your treatment shorter!
Braces Your Way
Braces aren’t nearly as scary as you may think. The modern braces we use at Cronin & Czarnik Orthodontics make it easy to look good and feel good! We offer a variety of different types of braces for teenagers in Westminster, CO, including:
- Self-ligating metal braces
- Clear, ceramic braces
- Invisalign® Teen
Let’s Do This!
Whether you want metal or clear braces or you’d rather straighten your teeth without braces using Invisalign Teen, we have you covered. Our board-certified orthodontists will help you decide on the best treatment option for your needs and lifestyle. And, we bet you’ll actually like coming in for visits (hey, no rolling your eyes!). With cutting-edge technology and fun stuff like contests and giveaways, your experience with us will be just as awesome as your results. To get started, schedule a FREE consultation at Cronin & Czarnik Orthodontics today!
The majority of braces patients in the United States are between the ages of 12 and 15.
In a survey, the number one facial feature teens wished they could change was their smile.
The American Association of Orthodontists estimates more than 4 million patients 17 and under receive orthodontic care each year in North America.
Confident Smiles Start With Expert Care
Don’t let your smile insecurities hold you back! As a top orthodontist in Westminster, CO, we have the knowledge and expertise to achieve fantastic results for patients of all ages. Whether you have slightly crooked teeth, severe orthodontic concerns or anything in between, our doctors will tailor treatment to your unique needs. To get started, schedule a complimentary consultation today!